English Mountain Dragway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Street Racing Class at the Mountain

+3
SMITH MOTORSPORTS
Travis Wester
Brent Hyatt
7 posters

Go down

Street Racing Class at the Mountain Empty Street Racing Class at the Mountain

Post  Brent Hyatt Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:02 am

It would be nice to have a all street legal D.O.T. class. Drive the car to the track class Bracket race. What do yall think it's just an idea?
Brent Hyatt
Brent Hyatt

Back to top Go down

Street Racing Class at the Mountain Empty Re: Street Racing Class at the Mountain

Post  Travis Wester Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:10 am

Brent Hyatt wrote:It would be nice to have a all street legal D.O.T. class. Drive the car to the track class Bracket race. What do yall think it's just an idea?

How bout a drive the car to the track heads up class Twisted Evil
Travis Wester
Travis Wester

Back to top Go down

Street Racing Class at the Mountain Empty Heads Up Street Class

Post  Brent Hyatt Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:30 pm

Travis Twisted Evil Twisted Evil that would be Good if we could keep it as real street car's drive to the track and race class. LOL might have to recruit you some competition from other area's no competition for you at the Mountain! Twisted Evil
Brent Hyatt
Brent Hyatt

Back to top Go down

Street Racing Class at the Mountain Empty Re: Street Racing Class at the Mountain

Post  SMITH MOTORSPORTS Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:51 am

http://www.carolinastreetcargrudgeseries.webs.com/

here is a site to check out on running something like that. it would be great to do, would be some exciting racing for the racers and fans , cars trying to get down track on dot tires.
SMITH MOTORSPORTS
SMITH MOTORSPORTS

Back to top Go down

Post  Travis Smith Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:53 am

i seen some cars making great time on DOT tires 275s i would just like to see some classes anything would be great. i would like to see a 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0 class heads up but someone would have to spend some time to make some rule books so dont think that will happen.

Travis i seen the King of the Streets run at Sahdy Side street legal only one power adder running 5.11s they put on one hell of a show must have been 10-12 of them real close racing.

i think a stock suspension, drag radial, any motor, heads up class, with weight limit would be an awsome class, might even get a second car for that one.
Travis Smith
Travis Smith

Back to top Go down

Street Racing Class at the Mountain Empty True Street Car class

Post  Brent Hyatt Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:42 am

Big Travis you are very right. There is some Bad stuff at Shadyside and Ronnie run's a good show. If they run the Friday night point's class there this year i might run it and Emd. It would be nice to know what's going to take place at EMD this year.
Brent Hyatt
Brent Hyatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Travis Wester Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:52 am

Travis Smith wrote:i seen some cars making great time on DOT tires 275s i would just like to see some classes anything would be great. i would like to see a 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0 class heads up but someone would have to spend some time to make some rule books so dont think that will happen.

Travis i seen the King of the Streets run at Sahdy Side street legal only one power adder running 5.11s they put on one hell of a show must have been 10-12 of them real close racing.

i think a stock suspension, drag radial, any motor, heads up class, with weight limit would be an awsome class, might even get a second car for that one.

I saw one of those cars down there. Me and Brent took the Goat down a week before that race and he was testing. It was a turbo Mustang. That thing was wicked. When I asked him about the class, he said that his car was the closest thing to an actual street car. He told me he could drive it anywhere as long as he stayed below 53 mph. Above that and the car would make boost. That's not exactly what I would consider a "true" drive it to the track street car although I wouldn't take a thing away from it. It was B. A. D.
Travis Wester
Travis Wester

Back to top Go down

Post  jason deal Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:59 am

i agree guys any kind of class would be cool. gettin ready to start on the vega would be cool to have some kind of class to get into. seems like the 275 radial is hot right now. or maybe a dedicated index class.

jason deal

Back to top Go down

Street Racing Class at the Mountain Empty 275/Index Race

Post  Brent Hyatt Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:49 am

I would like to see a True street class at the Mountaian too but i dont think the car count will be good enough. If the track was advertized enough it might work but for now we might be able to have a Good Head's Up Wheel Barrel Race LOL. But i do think the turn out will be good for the Footbrake and Pro Class this year. GOOD LUCK TO ALL BUT IM COMING FOR THE MONEY AGAIN! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Brent Hyatt
Brent Hyatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse Johnson Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:45 pm

That would be good to have kinda like street fights at bristol, but in bracket format. What about a pit vehicle race on sundays? scooters, atvs, golf carts, etc.?

Jesse Johnson

Back to top Go down

Street Racing Class at the Mountain Empty thats a cool id

Post  Holly and tommy dorsey Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:53 am

Jesse Johnson wrote:That would be good to have kinda like street fights at bristol, but in bracket format. What about a pit vehicle race on sundays? scooters, atvs, golf carts, etc.?

Holly and tommy dorsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down